Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poor Baby!!

My poor baby has gotten sick. It all started on Friday. I took her to the doctor and the doctor said she just had a viral cold and that we were just going to have to let it "run its course." Oh what a course it has been. By Sunday night she was sooooo much worse. It was awful. Anniston could not breath through her nose at all. This meant that she didn't eat and wouldn't sleep. She was miserable. I took her back to the doctor on Monday morning and they confirmed that she had RSV! YIKES!!! We came home and she was trying to take a nap, but was having trouble because she still couldn't breathe. I was told at the doctor's office to watch her breathing because sometimes this virus makes them have difficutly breathing. I glanced over at her several times and she seemed to be breathing hard. I walked closer and saw those little nostrils flarring and then noticed a sinking in under her ribs when she was trying to breathe. I immediately called Drew (who was still working) and told him that I was taking her to ACH. We arrived there and they decided to keep her for observation. I was relieved at this news! As you can imagine, my stress level was at an all time high!!!!! Monday night Drew and I shared a chair that pulled out as a bed. Let me tell you that it was about 3 feet wide. Therefore, we were the definition of spooning. However, we were both so tired that we both admitted the next morning that we slept really good! Tuesday was a better day for Anniston due to all of the suctioning that had taken place... poor thing! The doctors actually told us that we could go home on Tuesday, but Drew and I decided that we would like to stay one more day just to make sure Anniston was on the road to recovery. By Tuesday night we saw a glimpse of our little angel back to normal. She wanted to stay up and not go to sleep.... yep that's her! We came home today around lunch time. She still has a really bad cough, but overall she is feeling much better. ACH was such a life saver for us. All of the nurses and doctors were so nice and helpful! We are so glad that Anniston is feeling better! Drew and I want to thank everyone for praying for our sweet Anniston Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment