Wednesday, August 26, 2009

*~* The Story of Anniston Kate Kurosaki *~*

It was November 4th 2008. I had not been feeling well for some time (3 weeks or so). If you know me, then you know that by now I had completely convinced myself that something was VERY wrong with me. I tend to be quite the over reactor. I am one of those people who constantly thinks something just might be wrong with me... awesome huh? Anyway, Drew's brother Jason got married on October 25 and we went up to Chicago for the wedding. This was when I really started feeling bad. I had noticed that I was very tired ALL the time... but it never occured to me that I could be pregnant. The night of the wedding Drew and I were dancing the night away at the reception when suddenly I thought uh oh... I am going to pass out right here, right now! I told Drew and he quickly got me to a window (we were upstairs). The October air at night in Chicago can be pretty chilly. Anyway I felt a much better after breathing in the cold air for a bit. We then went right back to dancing... still never even crossed my mind that I could be pregnant. I knew somthing was wrong but again in my little head it was something VERY serious! We got home on Monday the 27th, which was our 1 year anniversary. I didn't feel very good again... which was no suprise to me at this point.

Friday was Halloween. We attended a Halloween party Thursday night with some friends. It was lots of fun, but still I didn't feel good. Friday we decided to go to Fayetteville and see all of our friends up there. I didn't really feel like going at all, but I knew that Drew wanted to, so I didn't even bother to tell him that I didn't feel good. On the way up there we stopped at Burger King. I do love some fast food, so this was not a problem for me at all. However, I ate half of my hamburger and thought I was going to throw up everywhere. Again, didn't say a word just sat back and tried to enjoy the car ride up there. When we got there I was starving so Drew went up to the in and out down the street and got me some peanut butter crackers. Now if you know me at all, you know this is my staple... I eat it EVERY day.

After I ate the crackers all was well with me again. We went out with friends and had a great time! Saturday night rolled around and it occured to me that I was late for something! At dinner I told our good friend Huff that I was "Late for a very important date!" He said, "You're pregnant" and I said, "No I am not" and at that point truly meant it. Sunday rolled around and we drove home. That night while we were eating dinner, I got up to fill my water glass. Taking the 10 or so steps in took to get to the sink, my heart rate went up in the 90's. I could feel it about to jump out of my chest. I went and layed on the couch and of course began having a panic attack... lovely as always. I have these awful things some times for no reason whatsoever. It is always a real treat. Yet still no clue!

Monday the 3rd of November I woke up and thought.... hmmmm could it be. So I got up early and took a pregnancy test. Negative! Ok so now I KNOW something is wrong with me. I had class on Monday nights and so I had to drive to Conway that night. The next morning I woke up to Drew's phone call, he was at work and just wanted to chat. He was actually on his way to Hot Springs for a case (he works in sales). While I was talking to him, I thought I would take the 2nd pregnancy test. Why this occured to me to do this now I have no idea. Anyway, I was just talking away while doing this... he never had a clue. I put the test down and continued talking. I was really taking this test just to take it... not because I thought I was pregnant. Suddenly, I watch this line appear that I had never seen before. I kept looking at it while Drew was talking... no idea what he was saying and then it happened in the middle of his story... "Drew, I'm pregnant." That's right... no creative or cute way of telling him... I didn't even wait to tell him in person. The state of shock that I was in at this point can truly not be described in words... mainly because there aren't any to describe this kind of shock.
A little insight to our conversation at this point:
Drew: "No you're not."
Ashley: "Umm, yes I am I just took a test and I have NEVER seen that line before."
Drew: "Where did you get the pregnancy test from?"
Ashley: "Does that really matter? I got it at the Dollar Store."
Drew: "Are you kidding me... out of all the things that there are to be cheap on thats what you decide to buy at the Dollar Store. I can't believe this you don't buy anything from the Dollar Store ever and now you buy pregnancy tests from there?? You can't trust that test. Go get a real test from Walmart that has a namebrand."
Ashley: "Fine, but I don't think it matters."
(I go to the store and call him back)
Ashley: "Drew its official you are going to be a dad... I have taken 3 REAL tests."
Drew: and I qutoe... "huh" then silence. Then happiness and joy came over both of us and we were so excited! Clearly we were shocked because if you haven't guessed yet, we weren't trying. However, God had different plans for us and oh my how he has blessed us!

For the next 3 1/2 months I was soooooo sick. I couldn't eat meat at all... I mean not a bite. It made me sick to even think about it. All I could eat... you guessed it peanut butter crackers of course and soup. It was pretty much a constant battle until January to keep food down. The vitamins made it even worse! I threw up at restaurants, the mall, friends houses, etc... how attractive and fun. After the middle of January, I was able to gradually eat meat. However, I kept it to a minimum. Chicken didn't bother me by the end of my pregnancy, but steak was still touch and go. I lived on preggo pops during this time. Oh how I needed those pops... wouldn't leave the house with out them!

The rest of the pregnany went very well. I felt good and loved feeling her move around in my belly. Sometimes we would go back and forth with each other though. She would kick her foot out and I would push it back in and then here it would come again and then I would push it back again... you get the point. This became a daily thing for us ;) In June I began having signs of preeclamsia... fabulous huh! I was put on bed rest for two weeks and scheduled for an induction on July the 1st. However, I had to go to the hospital several times before the 1st due to high blood pressure that would not come down even though I was stuck laying on my left side 24/7. Drew joked saying that we would know every nurse before I had Anniston because we were up there so much . I didn't find the joke amusing at that point... hahaha.

June 30th finally rolled around, which was the day that I was scheduled to check in for my induction. That day is one I will never forget. I woke up that morning knowing that I was going to meet my little angel the next day. I went to Purple Cow and got a malt with my mom, which was so yummy! Then Drew came home and we loaded the car. We went to Tropical Smoothie and I got a Hawaiian Breeze smoothie... yummy too! We checked into the hospital at 7:30. My nurses name was Joe, which was special to me because that was my Daddy's name! For those of you who do not know, my Daddy is in Heaven. I know he was watching though! I carry him with me every where I go now... in my heart! They started the medicine to thin my cervix at 9p.m. I got another round aroud 1a.m. At this point I began having contactions.

The nurse came in and asked if I needed something for the pain. I told her if they wanted me to sleep, then most definitely. She gave me Statonal (however you spell that). It worked for a little bit, but by about 2 the contractions were worse. My mom was there, but decided she would go home at this point to check on the dogs. She told the nurse as she was leaving but that I needed more Statonal. Joe came in and gave it to me immediately. At some point during all of this I was given the lowest dose of pitocin too! This is where the ride began. Drew and I had just seen the movie The Hangover... which might I add may have been the funniest movie I have ever seen. Well anyway, the second dose of Statonal is what sent me overboard. I immediately started feeling... well like a crazy person. Everything was funny. I am not talking about a little laugh... I am talking everything was hysterical to me. You can imagine Drew's appreciation for this at 2:30 in the morning. I can remember laying in bed trying so hard not to laugh because Drew's dad was asleep on the couch (or so I thought, but who could really sleep through me hysterically laughing). I kept thinking don't laugh, don't laugh and then I would burst out lauging so loud at absolutly nothing. Drew would ask "What's funny?" I would reply "I have no idea... I know nothing is funny but I can't stop lauging." Drew would then say "Ash, you need to go to bed." I would of course just laugh... because that was funny to you know! I finally said... "Drew, Charlie (our next door neighbor) has a tiger (you will know exactly what I am talking about if you have seen the Hangover)... I then burst into big belly laughs. You can imagine Drew's response to this! Through out the night/early morning hours I had poor Drew walking me to the bathroom every five minutes or so it felt. He was so tired, bless his heart!

At 5 in the morning I tried to wake Drew up to of course... go to the bathroom. However, at this point I was unsuccessful... he was out! I then gathered up all my wires... unpluged what needed to be unplugged and some how made it to the bathroom all by myself! So proud I was!! And then it happened. I had made it back to the bed and was just about to fall asleep when I felt this gush of water come out... Did I really just pee on myself??? Really Ashley.... this was my first thought. Then 2 or 3 minutes later another gush. Oh my... my water had broken. I leaned over and began snapping my fingers and whispering "Drew wake up.... DREW WAKE UP. I was still trying not to wake up his dad! He finally opened his eyes and I said: "My water just broke." His response : "No it didn't Ash... its the medicine." Really... are you kidding me?? I continued telling him no its not the medicine and after he really woke up and realized what I was saying, he went to get the nurse.

I was right... my water had broken!!! A new nurse had taken Joe's place at this point. Her name was Heather and she was super nice too! Dr. Dean came in and gave me my epidural around 6 a.m. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined, but it still hurt. Dr. Taylor came in to check on me around 7a.m. I had dialated to 7 cm at this point. He told me he was going to go make his rounds and he would be back in time for Anniston's arrival... no worries. Well around 10:30 Heather told me to go ahead and start pushing because Anniston was now dropping down. She said not to worry that it would take several hours to get Anniston into the birth canal..... WRONG try 5 pushes literally! She told me that I was going to have to stop pushing and she was going to run and call the doctor. Umm this was not ok. I felt so much pressure at this point, I truly thought that I was going to explode! It was absolutely unbearable!

By now Drew, my mom and my life long friend Jessica were all in the room with me. I looked at all of them with big tears in my eyes and thought to myself that I was definitely going to explode. The pressure that I felt was unbelievable. I am talking she was right there. The nurse was pulling her hair and showing everyone that Anniston infact did have dark brown hair... TMI I know but that is how ready she was to come out! Dr. Taylor arrived around 11:15 and she was born at 11:23a.m. I think he may have been in there 3 or 4 minutes before she was born. It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. Anniston Kate Kurosaki was 6 pounds 14 ouces and 20 1/2 inches long. She was perfect! I fell in love with her immediately and so did her daddy! It was the happiest day of my life.

And there it is! The story of Anniston. I will tell about her next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment